The Indy 500 has been one of Indy's biggest claims to fame since it began. This year will be the 102nd running of the race. We are proud to say DeBoor Group team member Danny Klotz will be the Outside Rear Tire Changer on the #66 Salesforce car driven
by JR Hildebrand for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing.
- Churchill Downs, the Rose Bowl, Roman Colosseum , Taj Mahal, Liberty Island, the White House, Yankee Stadium, and Vatican City could all fit inside the track at the same time.
- The winner is awarded the Borg-Warner Trophy which today is valued at over $1 million.
- It is tradition that the winner of the race drinks a bottle of milk on Victory Lane.
- Danica Patrick will be the only woman to compete in this years race.
- If all of the hot dogs sold during the race were laid end to end they would circle the track more than 3 times.
- The tracks first event was not a car race, but instead a hot air balloon race.
- You must be invited to sit in the Panasonic Pagoda where the race is scored and controlled.
- The Indy 500 is the biggest one-day sporting event in the world.
- Before 1914 there were no laws against racing and drinking.
- The Indy 500 is broadcasted in 200 countries.