How to Prepare Your Home for Vacation
March 13, 2018 |
Spring break is almost here! The trip is planned, flights are booked, and packing is well in hand. There's only one thing left for you to take care of which is the home you'll be leaving unattended. It can be easy to skim right over important details
that will keep your home safe and you at ease, so that's why we have created this check list for you to use ensuring that your home will be just as you left it!
1. Set lights on a timer to give the illusion that someone is home, or install a motion activated light outside to keep burglars away.
2. Find a way to ensure that your newspaper and mail aren't piling up in the mailbox. This can be done by asking a trustworthy friend or neighbor to stop by and pick it up or stopping delivery for the time being.
3. Set your thermostat to a temperature that reflects the temperature of the season to avoid
4. Turn off all water valves. No one wants to come home to find a leak.
5. Notify your bank that you will be traveling.
6. Dispose of anything that may cause a fowl odor while you are away.
7. Leave emergency contact information with someone local.
8. Unplug small appliances.
9. Ensure that all windows are shut and doors are locked before leaving the house.
10. Make sure arrangements are made for your pets.